Pages

August 20, 2010

Who NOT to follow

Share on Facebook


imageRight after I posted a blog on GreaseMonkey, I read Janakiramm vent his frustration on Facebook about how Twitter is mimicking Facebook. Twitter has recently started “Who to follow” section on its site where is suggests people you should be following. Its not only irritating but badly implemented too as the same names keep appearing repeatedly. Its ok for sites to implement new features but they should allow the user to disable it. The least they could do is let user specify “I do not know anyone from here”. For people like Janakinamm and me who probably prefer a clean interface (I think I have Interface OCD), GreaseMonkey can be of help. Install GreaseMonkey (if you don’t have it already) on Firefox (Download it if you aren’t using it) and lets fix the Twitter problem.

Who NOT to follow

If you are ready and armed with Firefox and GreaseMonkey, just head over to this link Remove Who to follow (Twitter) and click on the Install button (If you also have GreaseFire add-on then you can simply right click on GreaseMonkey icon and Click on “xx scripts available”and search in the GreaseFire window. Check my previous post on how to do that).

image

Once installed, simply refresh your twitter and Voila! Who to Follow is gone.

image

Seriously, if you haven’t got Firefox and GreaseMonkey yet, go get it now. It will reduce clutter and irritation you might be having with your favourite sites.

Happy Tweeting Smile

2 comments:

  1. I really want to see this for Facebook..! it kills me everytime !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vijay, check out the previous post where I have mentioned a GreaseMonkey script for Facebook too. Its on http://betterfacebook.net

    ReplyDelete